For a printable PDF of this Fundraising Toolkit, please click here
, and for sample messages for your fundraising efforts click here
For a printable PDF Pledge Form for offline donations, please click here.
Mental Health in Motion 2021. Any Time. Any Place. Presented by
Virtual Kick-Off Event: Sunday, June 13, 2021 @ 9 am
Let’s get started!
Fundraising doesn’t have to be painful or time consuming. It can be silly, fun and fulfilling. We have big dreams this year of our riders, runners, and walkers raising over $100,000 (net) to support our life-saving youth mental health programming in York Region and South Simcoe.
Even though this year we’re doing it apart…you are definitely not doing it alone.
If we’re doing our job well, raising your pledges and sponsorships should be as fun as the (virtual) event itself. The Mental Health in Motion team is here to help you brainstorm ideas, connect with your fellow “In Motioners
”, and ensure you blow through the fundraising finish line!
Why do you need to fundraise?
We’re counting on you to stick with us and keep Mental Health in Motion…in motion. Because youth in our community are counting on you so they can continue to receive the mental health resources and education they really, truly need at this especially difficult time. Our staff are hard at work ensuring that, as our society shifts, mental health education and support stay constant.
MOBYSS – Mobile York South Simcoe, Ontario’s first and only mental health clinic for youth 12-25 – has gone virtual! We’ve launched virtual clinics and created on-line mental health workshops. We’re “seeing” young people by Zoom, by text and by phone. In partnership with York Region District School Board and the Simcoe County District School we’ve been providing digital Youth Wellness and Youth Mental Health workshops as part of the school curriculum. If a young person in your life is in need of mental health support, we’re here to listen, to support and provide help. These are just two examples of what your fundraising efforts make possible right now in these uncertain times!
This is just the beginning, and we have so much to do with your support!
6 Steps to Fundraising Success
Do a few basics really well, and you’ll be on the fundraising leaderboard before you know it!
- Head to www.cmhainmotion.ca and register. (This year registration is free!). You can purchase a Mental Health in Motion technical t-shirt or riding jersey.
- Customize your Personal or Team Page. Your fundraising page comes pre-loaded with basic information, but adding your own flair goes a long way. Add videos, photos and text to tell your friends and family: Why does youth mental health matter to you? Who are you running/walking/riding for?
- Make the first donation toward your fundraising goal. Registration is free this year, so we’re relying on donations to make this virtual event a huge success!
- Send e-mail requests for donations. Personal messages that share why you’re participating in Mental Health in Motion are the best way to ask friends and family to support you. For a PDF of sample message to use in your efforts please click here.
- Share the link to your fundraising page in all your emails to your nearest and dearest requesting support. Top tip: Send individual emails, not group ones bcc’ing everyone. It’s much more personal that way.
Don’t be shy about asking. Good mental health is important to you.
Heck, it’s important to everyone.
- Share the link to your fundraising page from all your social media profiles. You may be surprised by who donates to you. Everyone has mental health, and people are going to be inspired that you’re talking about it, especially right now.
- Thank those people who support you. A person thank you to each donor really does go a long, long way. Reach out with a good old fashioned phone call, text message, email, direct message…just don’t forget to thank them and make it personal.
- Keep an eye on your fundraising thermometer. It’s exciting to keep track of your fundraising progress. Does it look like you’re close to your goal? Ask for help to get you across the (virtual) finish line. Have you passed your goal? Wow! Raise it higher! Is it getting close to your run/walk/ride day and you haven’t reached your goal? Make a plan to personally connect with people who have supported you in the past or people who said they would make a donation, but haven’t yet. It’s okay to ask more than once. The truth is – people get busy and forget you asked them for help. Send a gentle reminder and include the link to your personal fundraising page.
- Keep your donors up to date on your fundraising progress and/or your training plan for your virtual run/walk/ride. Post photos and tag us with #cmhainmotion so we can follow along too and celebrate your progress!
- Did you come up with an awesome fundraising idea? Share it with us so we can share it with other participants during our regular e-blasts that’ll go out from January until our virtual kick off on Sunday, June 13, 2021
We know you’re not in this for the prizes, but it never hurts! We’ll put the name of every registered participant who has into a draw for a great prize. Details to be announced soon.
How to raise $500 in 5 Steps!
- Donate $50 to your own fundraising page. $50 raised!
- Ask 3 family members to match your donation and donate $50 each (don’t forget to tell them why you’re running/walking/riding for youth mental health). $250 raised!
- Ask 5 close friends to contribute $25 (or more!) each. Share when you’ll be running/walking/riding for Mental Health in Motion 2021. $325 raised!
- Reach out to 3 co-workers to let them know about Mental Health in Motion. Ask them to help get you over the finish line with a gift of $25 each. $400 raised!
- Ask 5 neighbours or people from your wider social group to contribute $20 each. Tell them about Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe and about the innovative programs – like MOBYSS – that are supported entirely through philanthropy. www.mobyss.ca . $500 raised!
Fundraising for a cause you passionately believe in and support yourself is easy once you get started. Let your friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances know why youth mental health is important to you. Share your personal story or experience. You might be surprised to hear how much it means to them too. Of course, your donors will also get a tax receipt for the full amount of their gift, and a thank you letter.
No problem. We’re here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or concerns.
Canadian Mental Health Association York & South Simcoe Charitable Business No:123635534 RR0001